According to the National Safety Council, defensive driving is driving to save lives, time and money, regardless of the conditions around you and the actions of others.
Three factors contribute to collisions: Driver, Vehicle, and Conditions. And three steps make up the defensive driving collision prevention formula:
Everyone can drive defensively by making a habit of avoiding collisions and citations in spite of how others are driving and the driving conditions. Doing so can reduce the chances that you or a loved one will be killed or injured in a motor vehicle crash.
Driving defensively and responsibly is a choice. Choose to:
- Recognize the hazard
- Understand the defense
- Act correctly and in time
Landstar offers a defensive driving course for all interested Landstar Operators. For more information, contact the Safety department at 800-872-9496.
- Make safe and legal driving decisions.
- Scan the road ahead and use the lean and look strategy to recognize hazards.
- Use the “what if” strategy.
- Practice common sense, courtesy and cooperation with others on the roadway.
For more information, please contact: